EMERGENCY PREP CHALLANGE 2015
ARE YOU PREPARED?
April 24 – 26, 2015 / Camp Tamarack / $10.00 Per Scout
Test your first-aid skills against patrols from other troops from
around the Algonquian District in many areas including:
Mass Catastrophe / Fire Rescue / Litter Obstacle Course / More
Cracker Barrel on Friday Night
Lunch Provided on Saturday
Dutch oven Dessert Contest Saturday Night
EACH PATROL WILL NEED
Patrol First aid kit
Paper & Pencil
Roll of Twine
Canteen or Bottled
water (per scout)
(2) 6’ Wood poles
(2×2 lumber is allowed)
Tarp 8’x10’ or 8’x12’
20’ length or rope
Splints & Padding
Roller Gauze & Gauze
pads & Tape
Each scout should have a
Personal 1 st aid kit.
Saturday February 7, 2015
Chippewa Bowl, 225 W Chippewa Ave. South Bend, IN
Fast & furious bowling for the WHOLE family!
Shifts are: (1) 11:30am-1:30pm
Maximum 200 bowlers per shift!
2 hours of bowling and the patch all for $7.00 per person
Please RSVP early to get your preferred time slot.
Turn in RSVP’s to Council Office or Round Table.
Questions? Call or email Jim at 574-255-1855
WHEN: SATURDAY MARCH 21, 2015
WHERE: QUEEN OF PEACE CATHOLIC CHURCH
NOTE: PRE-REGISTRATION BY NAME, RANK, AND
UNIT NUMBER IS REQUIRED BY THURSDAY
MARCH 12, 2015. (ROUNDTABLE)
RULES PUBLISHED SEPARATELY (1/12/2012 REVISION)
COME JOIN THE FUN!
- Pinewood Derby participants from all the Packs in the District are invited to participate and compete for the title of Algon-quian District Pinewood Derby Champion. All four ranks are encouraged to compete-Tigers, Wolves, Bears, and We-belos. You do not need to have been the winner in your Pack competition.
- Pre-registration is required-see below. Car inspection and check-in will start at 10 AM., and close at 11 AM., with rac-ing commencing shortly after that. All races should be complete by 3 PM. Lunch and refreshments will be available at a nominal cost.
- Cost is $5.00 per participant which covers he cost of participation ribbons for all participants, medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for all ranks, (the top 3 cars from each rank advance to the trophy round), 1st through fourth place trophies for the fastest 4 cars, and plaques for the other top 4 finalists.
- The derby will be run according to the rules available at round table (Note there are significant changes in the 1/12/2012 revision from prior years). Questions can be directed to Tom Hoogland at the Council office or Jim Mitchell at 574-674-6159.
- Queen of Peace is located at 4508 Vistula Rd, (Corner of Bittersweet and Vistula) Mishawaka IN, south of Penn High School and the St. Joseph river, north of Lincolnway. Drive around behind the Church and enter through the School en-trance.
Pinewood Derby Regulations
Pinewood Derby Rules
Announcing the 2014 AL Merit Badge Fair to be held at Lake Michigan College Bertrand Crossing in Niles MI. This year’s fair will be offering 26 merit badges (please read <Information> for rules, procedures and prerequisites)
WHEN: November 1, 2014 (9:00AM – 4:00PM)
WHERE: Lake Michigan College, 1905 Foundation Dr, Niles, MI, United States
TWO EASY WAYS TO REGISTER
1. MAIL: Complete and return the <Registration Form> with your check or completed credit card form to the LaSalle Council BSA, 1340 South Bend Ave, South Bend IN 46617.
2. FAX: Complete and Fax the <Registration Form> with credit card information to the LaSalle Council BSA at (574-289-0336).
When: August 21, 2014
Time: 6:30 – 8:30PM
Location: St. Pat’s County Park, 50651 Laurel Road in South Bend. We will be in the Berta Shelter.
Feature Presentation: This is our program kick-off, have a breakout on roundups, flyers for training, discuss new information about recharter and great fellowship. The district will provide the meat and I am asking that the packs provide a side dish and the troops provide a dessert to share. If any of you would be great and bring your big 5 gallon coolers with lemonade and water, please let me know. I am in need of a couple of cooks as well, please let me know if you can help.
The Order of the Arrow, White Beaver Chapter also meets and the same time and location.
One of the best sources for Cub Scout and Boy Scout adult leader education and information is your local district’s Cub Scout and Boy Scout Roundtable. These monthly meetings provide a forum for adult leaders to learn and share information. Separate Roundtables are held for Cub Scout and Boy Scout.
Roundtable provides a forum for adults involved as leaders in the program to:
- Discuss topics of interest, both formally and informally
- Learn about upcoming District and Council events and programs
- Meet and exchange ideas with other leaders from the Algonquian District
UNIVERSITY OF SCOUTING
Supplemental Training for all Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Venturing leaders, Commissioners, and Council / District leaders.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2014 Bethel College, Mishawaka
7:00 am – 4:00pm CST 8:00am – 5:00pm EST
Early Bird registration paid by October 24: $25.00/person Paid after October 24, but by November 5, regular price: $30.00/person Paid after November 5 and at the door: $35.00/person
- Fee includes a hot lunch provided by Bethel College
- More offerings — New classes
- Bachelors / Masters / Doctorate Degrees / Den Chief Training
Watch for more information and a complete schedule of classes in the coming months.
CUB SCOUT DAY CAMP
Join us for two days of fun on the frontier
Date: June 26-27
Time: 8:30 to 4:30
Place: Bend In The River Conservation Club
Mayflower Road, Niles MI
MORE INFO TO COME
This year the overnight package will include:
• Tickets to the Game • Post-Game Movie on the Video Board
• Free Game Program • Snack during the Movie
• Pre-Game Color Guard Presentation • Camp Out on the Field Overnight
• Pre-Game Scout Parade on the Field • Breakfast in the Morning
• Post-Game Fireworks Display • Newly-Designed Scout Night Patch
(ALL FAMILY MEMBERS ARE WELCOME)
Friday, June 27
Game Time: 7:35 pm & Gates Open: 6:30 pm
Ticket orders for overnight campers are due by Thursday, June 19th. The Silver Hawks
suggest that you return your ticket orders as soon as possible in order to reserve seats
and ensure your overnight reservations. We also strongly recommend that packs return
orders as a group to ensure that they will be seated next to each other on game day.
If registering as a pack please include only one payment per pack
and please list individual scout names on back of form (with # of tickets)
Detach form and return registration and payment to:
Boy Scout Night
c/o South Bend Silver Hawks
P.O. Box 4218
South Bend, IN 46634
Please contact Dave Webster at 574-235-9988 x257 to reserve your spot today!
<Download Registration Form Here>